Facebook pleased with Stories, but braces for record $3 billion fine yesterday
Mark Zuckerberg told investors that Stories now grab 500 million users across each of its three platforms. He also revealed it’s put aside $3 billion for a fine relating to its data practices.
The Twilight Zone takes shoppers into another dimension
The campaign will also look to drive subscriptions to Ten's new streaming platform 10 All Access.
Krispy Kreme launches retro doughnut range with nostalgic campaign
The dessert brand is transporting millennials back to their childhood with its latest campaign.
Telstra unveils 'I'm Not Worried About Data' campaign
The new work for Telstra targets people’s desire for better, faster data.
Why encouraging your employees to freelance is good for business
A majority of Indago Digital employees have some sort of freelance or side hustle going on. Not only is it not a taboo thing to do or discuss, but actively encouraged by management. William Chung discusses the advantages of the freelance game.
How mood merchants are bending the ad market
Since October 2018 media spend, as tracked by SMI, has been softening and there’s a new boogeyman in town as a lead indicator for the advertising market, argues Brian Gallagher.
Technology-led optimisation obsession is limiting creativity in media agencies
Driven by their clients desire for greater efficiency, media agencies have become far too focused on technology at the expense of a once great skill in their arsenal – creativity. Bohemia’s Sophie Price makes a case for redressing the balance.
Rival papers printed in the same issue 13 hours ago
In a printing error, News Corp published pages from They Sydney Morning Herald in The Daily Telegraph.
Movers & Shakers: TubeMogul, VMLY&R, MediaCom 15 hours ago
This week saw changes to the roles of Brett Wilson, Derek Green, Bart Pawlak and more.
Snap hires first CMO 14 hours ago
Snap has named McDonald’s VP of brand content and engagement Kenny Mitchell as the company’s first CMO.
Ant Melder launches podcast on diversity 12 hours ago
Former Host/Havas ECD Ant Melder is launching his own podcast, Brown Riot, to celebrate diversity in the industry.
Twitter stock lifted following earnings report 2 days ago
The report, which frequently referenced Twitter’s efforts to create a safer, healthier platform, showed its total revenue for the first quarter was $787 million, an 18% increase year-on-year.
Young Gun: MercerBell senior copywriter Sophia East yesterday
Sophia East wanted to be a vet but after some work experience turned her attention to media where she went from scheduling ads to writing them.
Nine reveals sponsors for debut season of Lego Masters 2 days ago
Nine has revealed its major commercial partners for the first season of the debut season of its competition game show, Lego Masters, including Honda, a2 Milk and Kmart.
Palmer splashes entire ad budget of major parties in one week 2 days ago
Both the major political parties have spend more than $2 million on advertising so far, according to Nielsen data.
Can Nine continue its strong Netball ratings run? 2 days ago
Suncorp Super Netball is set to return for its third season on Nine this year, and insights from Nielsen reveal it could be set to see further ratings success.
In other news...
- Podcasting platform Luminary launches, betting on subscription model 2 days ago
- Sorrell hits back over claims of S4 legal battle with MediaMonks 2 days ago
- ‘Losing control of my baby wasn’t easy’, TubeMogul founder Brett Wilson exits Adobe 2 days ago
- CMOs bracing for "fundamental changes", Accenture reveals 2 days ago
- Industry Profile: Digitas Australia head of media James Hudson 3 days ago
- Colenso BBDO Auckland beats Aussie agencies in ranking report 3 days ago
- Johnnie Walker shifts global creative accounts back to Anamoly 3 days ago
- Dancing with the Stars finale draws 687,000 3 days ago
- Sizmek bailed out in $36m sale deal with Zeta Global 3 days ago
- Court finds Viagogo guilty of misleading consumers 3 days ago
- Supercars and Gfinity ink exclusive e-sports deal 3 days ago
- Former Ogilvy Sydney ECD Derek Green joins We Are Unlimited 3 days ago
- A look into Liberal and Labor’s ad strategy last week
- Young Gun: Nine digital account executive Monika Bujcevski last week
- Mazda and L’Oréal back Foxtel on Game of Thrones final season last week
- JCDecaux contributes €20 million to restore Notre-Dame last week
- Deliveroo appoints Google partnerships boss as head of marketing last week
- Splendour in the Grass: why big brands are flocking to the event last week
- Protecting, not just promoting, brands: Daylight's mission last week
- The Royals name Sebastian Vizor as deputy ECD last week
- Pitch Wrap: Virgin, Tourism NZ, Cricket Australia last week
- Siren Awards finalists and host revealed last week
- Movers & Shakers: Clemenger, Initiative, Publicis last week
- Ex-ARN commercial director Mason Rook joins The Guardian last week
- Anthony Fitzgerald joins Tonic Health board last week
- Initiative snares UM Sydney strategy director for national role last week